21.5.15

Alpecin Liquid Hair Energizer Review



My rating: 


You may have seen one of my earlier posts on here where I reviewed Alpecin C1 Shampoo. It's my intention to try the whole Alpecin range, so next on my list was the Alpecin Liquid Hair Energizer.

I was quite intrigued by this formula, as it's quite different when it comes to topical hair treatments. The blue liquid texture of this formula actually applies onto the scalp really well, and absorbs in deeply with little fuss. 

This product claims it can halt hair loss and promote hair growth, but from my experience of using it for just under four weeks, none of these claims showed any evidence of being reality. Again, much like the Alpecin C1 shampoo, this liquid left my hair looking awfully greasy and very flat at times. I struggled to give my hair extra volume after using this liquid, even through hair styling products.

"This left my hair looking greasy and flat"

If Alpecin Liquid actually did regrow hair, then I wouldn't mind the flatness and grease so much, but it didn't, so I won't be bothering with this hair formula again. Who knows though, it might work for other people, and at just £6 per bottle, it's definitely worth trying out.

In my humble opinion though, this is more of a gimmick that beefs up the Alpecin brand.


Bear in mind, this is not a shampoo. It's more in the mould of a hair serum, that you apply onto the scalp and leave in. 


Here is my full breakdown of Alpecin Liquid Hair Energizer, based over a four week treatment period:

Prevention of hair loss: No hair loss prevention.
Promotion of hair growth: No new hair growth. 
Hair thickness & density: Made my hair greasy and flat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment