1.3.17

What is the best Hair Supplement?


What is the best hair supplement I have tried?
 

I frequently get asked what hair loss treatments I rate the best. So, I have decided to split my answer into a couple of categories, starting here with my top rated hair supplements.

I'll be covering topical solutions (shampoos, serums, lotions etc.) in my next post, but here I shall give you guys a run down of the best hair supplements I have tried for my hair loss. 

My rating of each supplement is based on how effective they were in the prevention of hair fall and the stimulation of hair growth.  Just remember, these are my opinions only, and results will vary with each individual.  What might work better for me, may not work as effectviely for you.


Biotin 10,000mcg
Biotin is used in pretty much every decent hair supplement on the market, and if you're serious about enhancing your hair, you should really consider getting yourself a bottle of Biotin pills. 



Using Biotin, my hair grew faster and stronger, which was great, but it still didn't solve my hair loss problem - I was still experiencing hair fall, therefore I knew this wouldn't be a long term solution for me. 

Even though Biotin wouldn't cut it on its own, I was still keen to keep it in my diet, as it would surely pair up well with a DHT blocker... 

Biotin ratings:
Effectiveness: 2/5
Safety: 3/5
Affordability: 5/5
Score = 10/15


Saw Palmetto  
...and that brings me to my next supplement - Saw Palmetto. Even though more tests are needed, Saw Palmetto has shown to be a DHT blocker.


I started using Saw Palmetto a while back, and I can honestly say it has worked pretty well for me. I definitely noticed less hair falling out from using it, but there was still room for improvement. 

This is the point I started searching for multi-vitamin supplements that contained Saw Palmetto and Biotin, along with other hair beneficiary ingredients that could help prevent hair loss and encourage better hair growth. 

Saw Palmetto ratings:
Effectiveness: 3/5
Safety: 3/5
Affordability: 4/5
Score = 10/15
 

Nutrafol
I tried Nutrafol a while back, and from looking at the ingredients list, I kinda knew what to expect from this American supplement, I thought I'd give it a try anyway.


Containing ingredients like saw palmetto which have worked excellent for me, I only used this supplement for a few months, as I was already happy using a different product that was working well for me at the time.  

Although I didn't notice much change in my hair in the way of growth, I was pleased to see that it seemed to help the prevention of hair fall.  I gave this product a rating of 3/5, but perhaps I should have used it longer in order to give it a fairer trial.  Overall though, it could be a viable option for your hair, but be warned, it is very expensive. 

Nutrafol ratings:
Effectiveness: 3/5
Safety: 5/5
Affordability: 2/5
Score = 10/15


Viviscal
Ok, so I only rated Viviscal 2/5, and looking back that does seem rather harsh. This is a good supplement with some really great ingredients in it. 


I think I was so miserable at the time of using this, after my dreadful experience using TRX2, that perhaps I never really gave Viviscal a fair chance. I also discovered an effective solution at the time of using Viviscal, therefore I didn't complete the three months trial that I had intended.

Anyway, even though both products are similar in additives and performance, I have rated Viviscal slightly ahead of Nutrafol based on the price. Viviscal is much more affordable and they also offer multi-pack deals, which Nutrafol doesn't seem to do.  I would recommend Viviscal if you suffer from early stages of baldness.

Viviscal ratings:
Effectiveness: 3/5
Safety: 5/5
Affordability: 3/5
Score = 11/15
  

Procerin
I cam across Procerin quite early on in my hair loss journey, and I was initially really impressed with these tablets. They seemed to be working a treat during the first two to three months, which I was absolutely delighted about.

With a generous dosage of Saw Palmetto, Procerin was definitely reducing the pattern of hair loss. I noticed much less hair on my pillow every morning, and less hair in the shower too. My hair didn't appear thicker in any way, but the rate of hair fall was definitely less. 

However, after about three months, my hair started falling out again, which was devastating to say the least. In the hope it might have been natural shedding, I continued to use Procerin for another three months, but I still seemed to be losing hair. 

Now, I still rate this supplement highly because it did work during certain periods of using it, but for whatever ever reason, the results didn't last the distance.  However, I would consider using Procerin again in conjunction with Biotin, if I did not have the alternative that I am using now. 

Procerin ratings:
Effectiveness: 3/5
Safety: 4/5
Affordability: 4/5
Score = 11/15

 
HR23+
My number one supplement for treating hair loss is, without question, HR23+ hair health capsules. This supplement has been the most effective treatment for my hair loss problem, and I discovered it at a time when I was really getting desperate.

Based on a key formula of hair growth agents and DHT blockers, this seemed like the perfect solution I was looking for.  The ingredients are not revolutionary, but I was familiar with most of them anyway.
I have been using HR23+ for a couple of years now, and it has done just about everything possible for my hair. It has slowed down the rate of hair fall to the point where I just don't lose any more hair. I genuinely believe that HR23+ has halted my blading completely.  My hair has never looked thicker and better than it does since I started using this supplement. I am very pleased with it, and I would obviously recommend it to anyone in the same situation as me. 

HR23+ ratings:
Effectiveness: 4/5
Safety: 5/5
Affordability: 3/5
Score = 12/15

I shall be going through the best topical solutions in my next post, so stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment